At A-ICE, we are experts in aviation IT, supplying innovative technologies to leading airlines and airport operators across Europe from our headquarters near Rome.
As part of a new phase in our growth, we are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to lead the expansion of our footprint into the US aviation market. Our goal is to build recognition of the A-ICE brand and forge strong relationships among customer targets in the region, ultimately driving sustainable financial growth.
As the company’s in-territory representative, the successful candidate will effectively be the face of A-ICE in the US. You will have the skills and experience to devise and implement an effective sales strategy as well as the commitment to bring agreed plans to life and the desire to ensure they deliver results.
The Business Development Manager will work closely with executives across A-ICE to review current market trends and propose relevant ideas for generating new revenues and improving margins.
While the Business Development Manager would officially be based at our office in Washington, this is predominantly a remote-working role, with limited requirement for an office-based presence.
- Software solutions to enhance the management and control of airport operations, including tools to support passenger and baggage processing.
- IT services for airlines and ground handlers.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients.
- Promote the company’s products/services in a way that addresses or predicts clients’ objectives.
- Prepare sales contracts, ensuring adherence to relevant legal rules and guidelines.
- Keep records of sales, revenues, invoices, etc.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers.
- Experience as a business development manager, sales executive or within a relevant role.
- Proven track record in sales and, ideally, customer support functions.
- Knowledge of the aviation market.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build rapport with customers at the appropriate level.
- Excellent time-management and planning skills.
For references and information, or to submit your CV to us, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.